Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
This course is available for all abilities and experiences and will enable you to explore the huge range of applique possibilities.
Applique is French for ‘to apply’ and is used to create unique fabric designs for bags, book covers, clothing and more!
On this practical course, you will be taught a range of techniques so you can make your own personalised appliqued embellished items and gain confidence in using sewing machines.
You may also be interested in our other sewing classes, including Simply Sewing at Waingels.
What I'll learn
During the course you will be taught the following:
- learn the techniques to see your designs through to finished items and the possibilities are endless
- make samples of machine applique, raw edge applique, needle turn applique and then it’s up to you
- learn how to design a tote bag, decorate a cushion cover or make a unique fabric book cover
Your appliqued items can be embellished with hand embroidery, ribbons, buttons etc.
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
Please bring with you:
- any project ideas
- fabric scissors
- any scrap fabric, ribbons, buttons, threads you want to incorporate in your design
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.