Wokingham, RG40 1UE
Create dynamic flower arranging designs suitable for your own home or as gifts for special occasions.
This is a mixed ability course suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques.
The course will cover a selection of elements and principles of flower arranging, together with a variety of techniques.
There will be a demonstration followed by practical work enabling you to leave each week with a completed flower arrangement.
You will be able to work at your own pace with the friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
Please note: There are additional costs associated with this course. Following a demonstration in the first week, you will need to supply your flowers and foliage, together with a container and oasis (as and when necessary).
Activate Learning offers a range of learning for leisure Flower Arranging courses and workshops throughout the year at various locations.
What I'll learn
You will get the chance to develop your skills and techniques, ideas and designs for flower arranging.
You will also:
- learn how create exciting flower arrangements
- understand the basic elements and principles of flower design
- learn new techniques and mechanics to create a selection of traditional and contemporary designs
- practical experience of creating and completing a variety of inspiring designs
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- group discussion and research
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
You will need to bring:
- Oasis Square Round Dish
- Oasis to fill
- Pot Tape – to secure Oasis
- Note pad and pen
- Soft Ruscus – about 8-10 stems
- Pittosporum – about 8-10 stems
- Filler foliage – for example Hebe
- Small/Medium Ivy Leaves – or similar – about 10-12 Leaves
- Selection of your choice. Roses, Carnations or Germini – about 10 stems
- Smaller filler flowers such as Chrysanthemums, Spray Carnations, Muscari or Hypericum Berries
These are suggestions only. The flowers/foliage and colours are your choice. The tutor will have a supply of the Oasis Dishes, Oasis and Pot Tape, if required.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.