Wokingham, RG40 1UE
Enjoy and appreciate the delights of Spring with special flower arrangement for Mother’s Day.
Welcome the arrival of Spring with a fun filled and informative morning making your very own personal flower arrangement, as a tribute to Mother’s Day.
This is a mixed ability class, suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques.
This is a motivating morning, designed to be followed by a six-week course commencing on Monday 19th April 2021 entitled “Seasonal Glory”.
Alternatively, Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure Flower Arranging courses and workshops throughout the year at various locations.
There are additional costs associated with this course of approx £8, please refer to the ‘entry requirements’ section.
What I'll learn
- Learn how to create a dynamic flower arrangements
- Understand the use of Spring flowers and foliage
- Learn new techniques
- Practical experience of creating and completing a Mother’s Day floral arrangement
How I'll learn
You will produce a beautiful flower arrangement, taught by formal instruction, practical demonstration and your own practical experience.
There will be a demonstration of a design followed by practical work enabling you to leave with an exciting and completed flower arrangement.
You will be able to work at your own pace with the friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
- Shallow Dish – saucer type shape. Minimum 10” in diameter
- 16-20 Sticks – 3” length. Must be thick enough to have a 1 ½” central cut. Bamboo could be used
- Ball of Wool – to match or contrast with flowers
- Note Pad and Pen
- Sharp Knife – to make central cut in sticks/bamboo. These can be pre-prepared before class, if required
Optional - Tester Pot of Paint – to match or contrast with flowers
Foliage (suggestions only):
- A little delicate foliage – example Hebe, Fern or Grass
Flowers (suggestions only):
- Seasonal Spring Flowers – example Daffodils, Narcissi, Tulips, Muscari or Clematis
Double sided tape, scissors, some wool and bamboo will be supplied.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.