Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
This is a one day practical and creative workshop to make your festive table look uniquely special!
Make an applique table runner as a showpiece for your celebrations. Napkins can be made personalised and you can create the style that is individual as you are. This course is suitable for all abilities.
We have some fabrics and thread available for you to use but the patterns and colours may not be to your liking. Please bring with you any fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use.
Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure sewing workshops and courses throughout the year.
What I'll learn
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Applique techniques
- Fabric manipulation, embellishment techniques, hand embroidery
- Finishing techniques
How I'll learn
- Individual tuition and guidance
- Practical demonstrations and experience
- Trouble shooting problems
- Your designs made into beautiful unique applique items
- Fabric of your choice, a long strip to run up the centre of your table and enough for napkins. (Approx. 3M)
- Ideas you have for your design.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- A packed lunch (refreshments are available to purchase on site)
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.