Waingels Adult Centre,
Denmark Avenue, Woodley,
Reading, RG5 4RF
Spend a fun and relaxed day making a stunning Christmas door wreath and a Christmas table arrangement to display in your home!
You will work at your own pace, guided by our friendly and experienced tutors.
This course is suitable for beginners and those with some experience of flower arranging.
There are additional costs associated with this course of approx £10, please refer to the ‘entry requirements’ section. Certain items will be available to purchase on the day.
Activate Learning offer a range of L4L Flower Arranging classes and workshops across the year. Search our courses or get in touch for more details!
What I'll learn
You will learn how to prepare and condition a variety of fresh plant material and the techniques and mechanics needed to create a variety of designs.
When you complete this course, you will have the practical experience and understanding to construct beautiful festive arrangements on your own.
How I'll learn
You will learn through a combination of:
- formal instruction
- step-by-step practical demonstration
- group discussion
- assessment and evaluation
- practical experience with one-to-one support
Please bring with you:
- A packed lunch (refreshments are available on site for a small cost)
- Flower scissors or Secateurs.
- Notebook and pen.
- A variety of fresh foliage to include Tree Ivy, Holly, Yew, and any evergreen foliage of choice.
- Fir Cones
- Artificial or fresh Roses or Poinsettia's*
- Christmas baubles – colour of choice
- Artificial berries
- Florist ribbon *
- Stub wires*
- Four 9” candle colour to compliment own décor or traditional Christmas colours*
- 12” Floral foam wreath ring*
*These items will be available to purchase on the day.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.