Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
Learn the basics of balancing gobo lighting and set ups for “noir”, graphic fashion and more.
Studio lighting can be manipulated with optical modifiers and gobos (term commonly used for the lens filters and patterns that are affixed to theatre lights) that dramatically cut light and/or add graphic shapes and interest.
Activate Learning offer a range of learning for leisure photography courses and workshops throughout the year. Search our courses online or contact us to learn more!
Please note: there are no additional costs. Models will be provided
What I'll learn
You will study:
- knowledge of optical modifiers
- essential techniques to consider when lighting with gobos
- lighting set ups for “noir”
- graphic portraits, fashion etc.
- one, two and three light set ups
How I'll learn
Theory and practical lessons with demonstrations and a chance to practice specific techniques in small groups.
You will learn through a variety of methods, including:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
You will need:
- an interchangeable lens camera, DSLR or Mirrorless
- a packed lunch (refreshments are available on site for a small cost)
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.