Oxford City Centre,
Oxford, OX1 1SA
Explore the process of creating a fashion sketch book, a very important aspect of design.
Develop techniques in how to collect, research, record and process fashion design ideas. On this course, you will make your own original and personal sketchbook and source inspirations for fashion design.
You will learn how to collate images in an attractive way using collage techniques, planning page layout, incorporating samples of fabrics and trimmings etc.
By taking this course, you'll help cement the good habit of storing in your sketchbook anything that elicits a strong creative reaction. These could be wall paper samples, sketches made in a café on a napkin, pieces of creative writing, pictures of furniture and interior design, photographs and colour references taken from magazines or paint chip from hardware shops.
You will learn to make your research and layouts opulent and diverse while communicating effectively your ideas to the viewer.
This course will run on five consecutive Wednesday afternoons from 2:30–5pm.
Please note: this course runs during term time only.
This is just one of many fashion-related courses we offer at City of Oxford College. Explore our existing opportunities like:
- simply sewing
- Introduction to personal fashion styling
- sustainable Fashion
What I'll learn
Our experienced tutors will take you through a subjects including:
- use of different sketchbook techniques to make an attractive sketchbook
- generate wealthy, diverse and socially aware visual research
- create visually appealing eye catching page layouts
- clearly communicating a theme or message that is unfamiliar viewer
- choose reoccurring themes or embedded motifs in the image selection process
- generate research ideas using mind-mapping processes and sketches through various communicative medias
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
How I'll be assessed
No previous experience is needed.
- a sketch book
- magazine cut-outs or materials that inspire you
Specific materials of your choice can be purchased by yourself throughout the duration of the course.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.