Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Spend a fun and informative day with our expert ceramics tutor creating a unique garden pot in which to display your prise garden plant!
This course is suitable for all abilities, enabling you to explore some of the range of hand building and decorating techniques that clay provides while creating your garden pot (maximum size: 25 cm height,10cm diameter)
You will see examples of pots from international cultures, both ancient and modern before commencing work on your own garden pot.
This is a practical, workshop-based course with group and individual demonstrations of a variety of techniques. You will work at your own pace with our friendly and experienced tutor's guidance.
What I'll learn
You will gain the skills and practical experience needed to make a garden pot.
How I'll learn
Techniques covered include the following making methods;
- Slabbing and press moulding the following decorative materials; metal oxides, coloured slips, relief built and incised surfaces
- Developing a feasible ceramic design of own choice or at the tutor's suggestion
- Resolving any problems and being aware of areas for improvement
- Learning how to apply Health and Safety guidelines in a ceramics studio
- Packed lunch and refreshments
- If you have a specific idea a sketch or photo is useful
- An apron/wear old clothes that you don't mind getting messy
- Enthusiasm for the subject and a willingness to learn!
How to Apply
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.