Woodley Hill House,
Reading, RG6 1HH
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Suitable for those with some drawing and painting experience.
Suitable for those with some drawing and painting experience, this course provides an opportunity to compare and contrast the huge possibilities that these media present and exploit them appropriately.
You will be supported through demonstration and instruction by an experienced tutor.
What I'll learn
- Tonal drawing as a starting point.
- Working form a restricted palette.
- Glazing techniques in oils and acrylics.
- Exploring different mark making.
- Exploring past and contemporary painting techniques.
- Improving colour mixing skills and expanding the knowledge of colour pigments.
- Understanding the uses of different mediums in acrylics.
- Exploring different brush techniques.
- Working towards developing own style in painting and expanding creative thinking.
- Improve understanding of picture composition.
How I'll learn
Teaching methods include:
- Formal instruction
- Individual tuition
- Practical demonstration
- Practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
You will need to bring:
- drawing materials
- acrylic and oil paint
- suitable paint surface (canvas, paper, board)
Advice on materials will be provided in first lesson.
Please also bring an enthusiasm to investigate and explore painting with oil and acrylic! You should have some previous drawing and painting experience.
How to Apply
You can register for this course online. Click on ENROL NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register your contact details online and verify your account
- Go to your desired course page and click again on ENROL NOW. Follow the link to pay for your course
Course places are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. We would encourage you to enrol on your chosen course as soon as possible. If you prefer to enrol in person please visit us at one of our college Advice Centres or enrol over the phone via 0800 612 6008.
This course will be run subject to demand. If you wish to enrol within one week of the start date, please call us on 0800 612 6008 first to check the course is running.