Bracknell & Wokingham College,
Bracknell, RG12 1DJ
New and returning learners:
Please note that due to special measures we have put in place to make our sites COVID safe, we are asking all learners to enrol with us online. If you are unable to do so we can support you over the phone, simply call 0800 612 6008. Please do not enter our college sites without a prior appointment as we are managing the number of people on site at any time to comply with social distancing measures.
See information about the measures we are taking to keep learners safe while on campus.
Explore your creative side in our bright and spacious studios and fantastic art and design facilities.
The creative industries infiltrate our world through many areas of professionalism - painting, textiles, printmaking, graphics, fashion, computer design, concept art and sculpture to name but a few.
Join us to explore your creative abilities, develop your individual knowledge, skill and understanding. You will follow a multi-disciplinary approach that will prepare you for your next step whether to degree level studies or into the arts industries.
BTEC offers professional qualifications for anyone taking their first steps into the world of work, recognised by premier universities throughout the UK.
Each year, our students have the opportunity to take part in our End of Year Festival to showcase their work. Take a look at our video of the 2019 show, "Arrival".
What I'll learn
Throughout the course you will gain:
- A critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives and approaches within the arts industry both historical and contemporary
- Skills in research, analysis and evaluation to assist in your development of creative solutions
- An ability to adapt and safely use appropriate materials, techniques and processes necessary for the creative production and application of art
- Reflective and evaluative skills to help you towards taking responsibility of your individual learning development and decision making, planning and time management.
- Practical 2D and 3D skills through research, experimentation and design
How I'll learn
BTEC have worked closely with over 5000 employers, universities, teaching professionals and trainers to develop their range of BTEC Arts qualifications that develop and individual’s creativity and individuality.
The qualification is designed to provide the opportunity, knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto other vocational qualifications or a route into employment. Or with the necessary final grades progression onto a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Nationals in Art and Design is possible.
How I'll be assessed
Throughout the two years you will have both internal and external set units of work in a wide range of art practices. Achievement requires a demonstration of depth of study in each unit, a range of practical skills and successful development and written reflection and evaluation, these will be assessed using a grading scale of Pass, Merit and Distinction. At the end of the two years the full qualification will be equivalent to three A-levels.
- 4 GCSE’s at level C/4+ or a strong portfolio of work
- Level 2 Art and Design at Merit plus
- If you do not have a grade C/4 in GCSE English language and/or maths you will be required to be working towards achieving these alongside your art course
How to Apply
You can apply for this programme online. Click on APPLY NOW and follow the steps below:
- Register for our online service and verify your account
- Log in to our website and click APPLY NOW on your chosen programme’s page to complete your application
As part of your application, you will be asked to provide us with your contact details, how your chosen programme fits with your future plans and if you require any extra support (for example, because of a disability, medical condition, learning or language support needs).
Please include full details of your qualifications from your own country, as well as details of any English Language tests you have taken.
Printed application forms are also available.
Please contact our Careers team if you need advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme for you.