Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns the staff of providers of work experience placements for Activate Learning Students.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to coordinate work experience placements for our students.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Contact information (such as name and email)
- Correspondence information (such as emails and agreements made)
- Placement records (such as dates and notes about the student)
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Contact you about work experience placement arrangements for our students
- Maintain student records in line with our contractual and statutory obligations
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing
- Comply with our contractual obligations
- Keep in touch with you about future partnership opportunities
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of your information, we collect and use information under the following basis: public task.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to coordinate work experience placements for our students and failure to supply such information may mean that we cannot arrange for our students to undertake work experience with your organisation. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.