Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns individuals who provide services to Activate Learning on a voluntary, unpaid basis (volunteers) of Activate Learning. Although such individuals do not receive payment for their services we are obliged to hold similar data as we do for those people we employ because of our safeguarding responsibilities.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Bill 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to meet Activate Learning’s legal obligations, particularly around Safeguarding, and to facilitate the fulfilment of your voluntary duties.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact details your nationality and your country of birth, data created in the course of your duties)
- Skills and experience information (such as details you provided as part of your application to join us, your CV, details of your employment history, references provided by previous employers)
- Records of safeguarding checks which we have undertaken including the number of the Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate we received, a record that we confirmed your identity and your right to work in the UK including any visa which you may hold
Why we hold your information
We use volunteer information to:
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- Facilitate the execution of your duties as a volunteer with Activate Learning;
- Comply with our safeguarding obligations which are part of our activities as a charity providing education to children and vulnerable adults.
- The lawful basis for using this information
- Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of volunteer information, we collect and use information under the following bases:
- Legal obligation;
- Fulfilment of contract;
- The legitimate activities of a charity or not-for-profit body.