Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns people whose image and/or story has been recorded for use by Activate Learning.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to share your story and/or image with our stakeholders and customers.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name and photograph);
- Biographical information (such as course and achievement information, opinions expressed and interview notes).
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Share your story with our stakeholders and customers, via promotional materials, websites, social media, etc.;
- Promote the aims, values and services of Activate Learning;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing.
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In most cases, we collect and use this information on the basis of legitimate interests.
When the processing of this information is considered to be sensitive; we will collect and use your information only on the basis of consent. These circumstances include:
- Data relating to people who are vulnerable, at risk or under the age of 13;
- Data of a private or sensitive nature.
We will seek your consent before collecting sensitive data of this kind; in relation to data collected and processed on the basis of consent, you have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent. If you wish to do so, please: contact Activate Learning’s Marketing team either by telephone: 0800 612 6008 or by email: email@example.com
Please note that the removal of your data from marketing databases will not affect processing that has already taken place, and Activate Learning are unable to control or retract information that has been made public.