Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to provide you with membership services at the Oxford Lifestyle Centre
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, contact details, direct debit instruction, PAR-Q, membership contract and agreement);
- Preference information (such as Personal training programmes, medical information).
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Provide you with relevant information about our services;
- Monitor our customer base to develop more effective services;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- Comply with our contractual obligations;
- Collect monthly direct debit payments.
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of your information, we collect and use information under the following bases: Fulfilment of contract and explicit consent. You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to our processing of this data. If you wish to do so, please contact the Oxford Lifestyle Centre 01865 551521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to provide you with a membership to use our facilities and failure to supply such information may mean that we will be unable to provide you a membership which in turn will mean you will not be able to use the facility. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.
We store information securely and in line with our Data Protection Policy and associated procedures. A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are listed below. We hold your information for the following timeframes:
- Contact information – until the end of your membership;
- Membership information – until the end of your membership;
- Preference information – for as long as we have your explicit consent;
- Incident or accident reports – for 12 months after the entry.
Who we share information with
We routinely share information with:
- Membership system provider;
- Marketing team;
- Finance team.
We do not share your information with anyone unless it is necessary and in line with the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is routinely shared, a data processing agreement will be established to ensure the protection of your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request);
- Be informed of the identity of the controller, the reasons for processing your personal data and other relevant information necessary to ensure the fair and transparent processing of personal data;
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and/or
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations.
Ref: LC0002 Version: 001 Date: April 2018