Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns contractors and external workers.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information and is subject to the Data Protection Bill 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to facilitate the work to be undertaken on behalf of Activate Learning.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, contact details, number plate)
- Work related information (such as name, work undertaken, forms submitted, dates of visits)
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Contact you regarding work undertaken or to be undertaken
- Maintain our corporate records
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing
- Comply with our legal and contractual obligations
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of your information, we collect and use information under the following basis: performance of a contract and legal obligation.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to facilitate the work to be undertaken on behalf of Activate Learning and failure to supply such information may mean that we have to terminate the contract for services. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.
We store information securely and in line with our Data Protection Policy and associated procedures. A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are listed below. We hold your information for the following timeframes:
- Personal information: up to 6 months from the end of the contract
- Work related information: for as long as required, up to 5 years for health and safety related work
Who we share information with
If you attend one of our campuses, we may share your information with Department of Health and Social Care for the purpose of supporting NHS Test and Trace activity; we are legally required to share information in this way. You can read the Department of Health and Social Care privacy notice here.
We do not share your information with anyone unless it is necessary and in line with the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is routinely shared, a data processing agreement will be established to ensure the protection of your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request)
- Be informed of the identity of the controller, the reasons for processing your personal data and other relevant information necessary to ensure the fair and transparent processing of personal data
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and/or
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
In order to make a Subject Access Request or to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Jamie Wade, Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01865 551226
Address: Activate Learning
City of Oxford College
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/