Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns all customers and staff members at Activate Learning who call the Contact Centre.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may collect, use and share your personal information in order provided a high level of customer service to all customers and staff that call into Activate Learning.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as biographical, contact information, Student ID, gender, educational history, health, ethnicity and nationality, criminal convictions (unspent), employment information and payment information)
- Preference information (such as areas of interest, locations of interest, courses of interest, communication preferences)
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Provide you with relevant information about our services
- Monitor our customer base to develop more effective services
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing
- Comply with our contractual obligations
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of your information, we collect and use information under the following bases: Contractual and legal obligation.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to ensure the quality of telephone calls meets the needs of customers and staff and failure to supply such information may mean that we are unable to provide a effective and complete service of what we offer. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.