Privacy Notice (How we use your information)
Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns people who have agreed to the use of their story and/or image to promote the work of Activate Learning.
Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to share your story and/or image with our stakeholders and customers.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name and photograph)
- Biographical information (such as course and achievement information, opinions expressed and interview notes).
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Share your story with our stakeholders and customers, via promotional materials, websites, social media, etc.;
- Promote the aims, values and services of Activate Learning;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing.
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In this case, we collect and use your information on the basis of your explicit consent. You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to our processing of this data. If you wish to do so, please:
- For staff: contact Activate Learning’s Marketing team either by telephone: 0800 612 6008 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For students: submit a Change of Details form to your tutor
Please note that withdrawal of consent will not affect processing that has already taken place, and Activate Learning are unable to control or retract information that has been made public.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to share your story or image and all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis. However, failure to supply such information may mean that we are unable to share your story or image.