The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to facilitate partnerships with your organisation and inform you about events and services and failure to supply such information may mean that we are unable to enter into or continue a partnership with you or provide you with information. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.
We store information securely and in line with our Data Protection Policy and associated procedures. A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are listed below. We hold your information for the following timeframes:
- Contact and preference information – up to one month after you withdraw your consent for us to contact you;
- Correspondence information – up to six months after the correspondence took place.
Who we share information with
We routinely share information with:
- Customer Relationship Management system provider;
- External marketing agencies, who may contact you on our behalf.
We do not share your information with anyone unless it is necessary and in line with the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is routinely shared, a data processing agreement will be established to ensure the protection of your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request);
- Be informed of the identity of the controller, the reasons for processing your personal data and other relevant information necessary to ensure the fair and transparent processing of personal data;
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and/or
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations.
In order to make a Subject Access Request or to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Jamie Wade, Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01865 551226
Address: Activate Learning
City of Oxford College
Oxford OX1 1SA
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/