Activate Learning is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and share your personal information, and your rights in relation to the personal information we hold.
This privacy notice concerns the staff of providers of work experience placements for Activate Learning Students. Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to coordinate work experience placements for our students.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Contact information (such as name and email);
- Correspondence information (such as emails and agreements made);
- Placement records (such as dates and notes about the student).
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Contact you about work experience placement arrangements for our students;
- Maintain student records in line with our contractual and statutory obligations;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing;
- Comply with our contractual obligations;
- Keep in touch with you about future partnership opportunities.
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In the case of your information, we collect and use information under the following basis: public task.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to coordinate work experience placements for our students and failure to supply such information may mean that we cannot arrange for our students to undertake work experience with your organisation. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.
We store information securely and in line with our Data Protection Policy and associated procedures. A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are listed below. We hold your information for the following timeframes:
- Contact information – up to one year after the placement;
- Correspondence information – up to three months after the end of the placement;
- Placement records – up to 7 years after the end of the student’s course.
Who we share information with
We routinely share information with our work experience system provider. We do not share your information with anyone unless it is necessary and in line with the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is routinely shared, a data processing agreement will be established to ensure the protection of your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request);
- Be informed of the identity of the controller, the reasons for processing your personal data and other relevant information necessary to ensure the fair and transparent processing of personal data;
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and/or
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations.
In order to make a Subject Access Request or to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Jamie Wade, Clerk to the Corporation
Phone: 01865 551226
Address: Activate Learning
City of Oxford College
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/