Activate Learning Further Education Corporation is the controller of personal information, and is subject to the Data Protection Bill 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may collect, use and share your personal information in order to provide you with information about the services we offer.
What information we hold
The categories of personal information that we collect, hold and share include: Personal information (such as e.g. name, contact details)
- Preference information (such as areas of interest, locations of interest, communication preferences);
Why we hold your information
We use your information to:
- Provide you with relevant information about our services;
- Monitor our customer base to develop more effective communication;
- Comply with the law regarding data sharing;
The lawful basis for using this information
Under GDPR, we are able to process information on certain legal grounds (bases). In this case, we collect and use your information on the basis of your explicit consent. You have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to our processing of this data. If you wish to do so, please contact Activate Learning’s Data Protection Officer either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0800 612 6008.
Please note that withdrawing your consent to our processing your personal data may prevent us from being able to provide you with information about the services we offer.
The majority of information you provide to us is necessary for us to provide you with relevant information about our services and failure to supply such information may mean that you miss out on services you may need. However, all of your information is provided to us on a voluntary basis.
We store information securely and in line with our Data Protection Policy and associated procedures. A copy of our Data Protection Policy can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are listed below. We hold your information only for as long as your explicit consent allows us to, which will normally be no longer than one year, unless you confirm your consent to our holding and processing your information.
Who we share information with
We routinely share information with:
- Customer Relationship Management system provider;
- External marketing agencies;
- Mailing houses (digital and hard copy);
- Media sources.
We do not share your information with anyone unless it is necessary and in line with the purpose for which it was collected. Where data is routinely shared, a data processing agreement will be established to ensure the protection of your information.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request);
- Be informed of the identity of the controller, the reasons for processing your personal data and other relevant information necessary to ensure the fair and transparent processing of personal data;
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and/or
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations.
Ref: MC0001 Version: 001 Date: May 2018