Each year, Activate Learning works with over 2,000 employers in the South East to prepare more than 20,000 students to enter employment and progress in their careers.
Our students learn through a work-related curriculum that equips them with the training, skills, experience and behaviours that employers need. A key component of their programme is gaining practical, real-life work experience.
Can you provide a work experience placement in your business for one or more college students?
Work experience - how does it work?
Students on work experience will achieve objectives set by their college, working under your supervision on tasks that you will have assigned them.
They will also complete activities that are part of their college study programme, for example, a work experience log.
Placements can last for a week or more on a full-time basis or up to several months on a part-time basis.
Your local college manages the placement. We expect you to give feedback to the student and to us and we ask you to complete a work experience evaluation form.
Although there is no expectation for you to pay the student, a contribution towards travel or lunch expenses would be appreciated.
You will have the opportunity to meet the student(s) before confirming the placement.
What's in it for you?
- Contribute to the future talent pool for your industry
- Identify a pipeline of potential future employees
- Benefit from a fresh perspective on your business
- Gain extra support for an area of your business
- Give your junior staff experience of managing and supervising
- Make a positive impact on a young person’s life
- Invest in your local community
What's in it for students?
- Benefit from experience of applying their learning in a real work context
- Hone the skills, behaviours and attributes expected in the workplace
- Gain up-to-date industry experience
- Explore the opportunities available in their chosen career.
To find out more about work experience, contact a member of the Activate Careers team today:
Call the team: 0800 612 6008
Or complete our online form below.