University-level programmes (Higher Education) are Level 4 and upwards. They are accredited and awarded by universities (Foundation or Honours Degrees) or by Edexcel (HNC/HND).
We run all of these programmes across our colleges:
- HNC Level 4 is a two-year part-time course teaching skills for specific careers, and can be put towards a full honours degree.
- HND Level 5 is a two-year full-time course teaching skills for specific careers, and can be put towards a full honours degree.
- Foundation Degree is a Level 5 academic study with a work-based element. it is the equivalent to the first two years of an Honours Degree. Students can do an additional (third) year of study and convert it to an Honours Degree. Foundation Degrees are awarded in the arts and humanities (FdA) and the natural sciences (FdSc)
- Honours Degree is a Level 6 programme (BA/BSc Hons). This helps students who have already achieved a Foundation Degree to top-up to a full Honours Degree.
- PGCE Level 6 and Level 7 is a qualification for teaching in the post-compulsory education sector. The Professional Graduate Certificate in Education is Level 6. The Post Graduate Certificate in Education is Level 7.
Got a question? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01865 550 550.